Sunday, November 23, 2014

Abu Dhabi GP: Fernando Alonso hits out at Marco Mattiacci remarks



Alonso Mattiacci
Fernando Alonso has hit out at Ferrari Formula 1 team boss Marco Mattiacci following the Italian's comments on Friday in Abu Dhabi.
Ferrari confirmed earlier this week that Alonso would leave the team after five years together and Mattiacci said during the FIA press conference that Ferrari decided to sign Sebastian Vettel because it wanted a driver with the "utmost motivation and commitment".
Mattiacci added: "I'm sure he will bring the phenomenal experience that he went through Red Bull and the enthusiasm needed to go through certain difficult moments that are waiting for us."
Speaking after qualifying at the Yas Marina circuit Alonso, who was beaten by team-mate Kimi Raikkonen for only the third time this season, suggested the Italian only hired Vettel after giving up on trying to retain him.
"I heard the comments and I don't think they were very good," said Alonso, who will start Sunday's race 10th, alongside Raikkonen on the fifth row.
"If he tried to mean that I was not motivated, he arrived at Ferrari too late.
"He's only been here for a few months and has not seen the five years that I've spent here and how I've fought every single race.
"Probably I was too old when he tried to renew me until the Monza race, and he kept pushing, and pushing and having talks, and even in the last moment we had a lot of phone calls and e-mails that I still have in my computer.
"Probably at that time I was not so old, but when I took my decision I guess he had to find another driver."

No comments:

Post a Comment